NGORONGORO CONSERVATION AREA
CONDITIONS FOR VISITORS
- Standing vegetation must not be damaged.
- Fires must be lit in such a manner that they don't damage standing vegetation and that
they don't spread; fires must be extinguished on departure.
- No person may deposit litter any where in the conservation area.
- All visitors must keep to the authorized roads and tracks.
- All persons must remain in their vehicles within 200 metres of any wild animal.
- All persons must obey the instructions of the conservator and his staff.
- All visitors unless accompanied a licenced guide must take an official guide when
entering the crater.
- All visitors enter any part of the conservation area at their own risk.
- Speed limit within the conservation area is 50 kph.
- Speed limit in the crater floor is strictly 25 kph.
- Off road driving in the crater is strictly prohibited.
- All special campsites must be booked in advance.
- No person may drive or travel in a vehicle in the crater other than a 4-Wheel vehicle.
- Please read the information found behind your entry permit.